Cash For Clunkers Program
The Cash 4 Clunkers program has officially come to an end, however, the savings available to you as a car buyer are not close to ending. Many dealers have been able to provide their customers with higher trade in values, and lower prices on the cars, in order to keep the customers happy, and moving cars off the lot. We encourage you to check some of the fuel efficient cars available on the right side of our cars page, or by visiting a site like Car Finder Service for more car buying options and advice..
Is Your Car a Clunker?
- Your vehicle must be less than 25 years old on the trade-in date
- Generally, trade-in vehicles must get 18 or less MPG (some very large pick-up trucks and cargo vans have different requirements)
- Trade-in vehicles must be registered and insured continuously for the full year preceding the trade-in
- You don't need a voucher, dealers will apply a credit at purchase
- Only purchase or lease of new vehicles qualify
- Program runs through Nov 1, 2009 or when the funds are exhausted, whichever comes first.
- The program requires the scrapping of your eligible trade-in vehicle, and that the dealer disclose to you an estimate of the scrap value of your trade-in. The scrap value, however minimal, will be in addition to the rebate, and not in place of the rebate.